Thursday, July 26, 2012

More Good(will) Deals, 3 Lovely Awards, & Green Smoothie Goodness!

I know I posted about a couple of good deals in yesterday's post, but I found a few more and wanted to share them too! Yesterday, I went to Crystal River with my mom, dad, & my nephew Riley. We went to the movies, ate a yummy lunch at Chili's and made a trip to the Goodwill & Home Depot! The Goodwill in Crystal River is my favorite!!! I came home with  several great deals! First thing I spotted when I walked in the door was a rack of adorable bathroom decorations.
I know I just bought the shower curtain at the Dollar General that I blogged about yesterday, but this one was half the price at $4.99 and it is plastic so I won't have to hem it if I need to shorten it! I'm returning the DG one! If you didn't read yesterday's post, I am using the shower curtain to create a makeshift closet to hide some things behind. Anywho, the colors were perfect for my room.....turquoise, hot pink, orange, and apple green! They had bathroom accessories to match so I bought the cute cup to hold pens and pencils on my desk for $1.99...:)
Too Cute!


I bought this green container to hold flyswatters for our SWAT games we will be playing this year and this brand new set of 3 plastic containers for $1.29 to use in my pantry. 


I got these two books for $3.38....they were a BOGO deal. I love to read and collect good books for my future library! 


I am very excited about these next purchases. I bought 3 tops and two pairs of shoes for school. The tops are all like new and one is new...still had tags, they were $4.27 each! The brands are Pleione which is found at Nordstrom, Lane Bryant, and Westbound Woman from Dillards.  I normally don't buy used shoes, but one pair of these has never been worn and the others look like they may have been worn 2-3 times at most! The brand new ones were Mootsie Tootsie brand! I paid $6.06 per pair and I priced them when I got home. The Mootsie Tootsie sandals cost $40.00 online and the cute little heels were around $24.00 new. I am tickled with these...:)




I also stopped by Home Depot to pick up 5 of these canvas nail aprons that everyone is using for chair pockets in their classrooms. I have other plans for mine...:) Hopefully you will get to see on Monday Made It next week!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow! I feel so special to have been nominated for yet another award! I was nominated by three lovely ladies for the One Lovely Blog award! Thanks so much to Carla from Playful Learning Brooklyn, Mrs. T from Teaching Mrs. T, & Miss Pasqua from Ms. Pasqua's Kinder. Thanks so much ladies....I am honored!
To receive the award you must do these three things.....

~ Follow the person(s) who gave you the award. DONE!
~Link back to the person who gave you the award. DONE!
~Pass this award on to 15 new bloggers! 

So....here are my 15! 



Shasta from The Loop




Heather from Room 4 Imagination





Miss Cayer from Teaching is Love



Jennifer from Darling Little Learners

Congratulations to each of these winners!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Has anyone else jumped on the green smoothie train? When I first heard of them, I thought they sounded disgusting! I mean who drinks spinach in a smoothie.....YUCK! But, then I read several testimonials of folks who said you absolutely cannot taste the spinach, so I decided to try it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike spinach.....I don't. I actually love it on a sandwich in place of lettuce, and it's one of my favorite pizza toppings...I'm a meatless white pizza girl and my favorite toppings are cheese, tomato, mushrooms, & spinach......YUM! In a sweet smoothie though? Well, I bit the bullet and made one for myself and my hubby and guess what? They are actually very tasty....and you can't taste the spinach! Healthy and tasty....you can't beat that. Our favorite is Greek yogurt, pineapple (canned in it's own juice), spinach, banana, & a little orange juice. If you can get past the color, you will love them!

Here are the ingredients...I put my pineapple in a jar after I open the can. A good tip I discovered is to slice your bananas, lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze them and then put them in a freezer bag and they won't stick together. Frozen bananas make the smoothie stay cold longer and since they go bad so quickly, this keeps you from having to go to the grocery store more than once a week.


I don't measure anything, but here are the ingredients for one smoothie in the blender. Put a good handful of spinach in!


And....here's the finished product!  What do you think? Are you willing to try a green smoothie? I promise you they are yummy.....and healthy! I plan to drink one every morning on my way to work when school starts! Let me know if you have tried them and what your favorite ingredients are....:)


Be blessed....
...

11 comments:

  1. You scored at the Goodwill. I don't think I've ever seen that many good deals at one. Thanks for sharing the smoothie recipe. :)

    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congats on your awards and your Goodwill finds!! WooHoo!! I am a smoothie kinda gal and will have to try it. I usually do strawberry, banana, and fresh pineapple, and I use pineapple juice. Yummy!
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine....this Goodwill is the best! There are a lot of wealthy people in that area who donate all their high $$$ items. It's one of the few Goodwills that doesn't overprice their items too! Crystal....your smoothie sounds yummy too. You could just throw some spinach in yours! I'll have to try it...:)

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Goodwill but my go to thrift would have to be 50% off everything Wednesdays at Salvation Army..I love both of your shower curtains you purchased. I never heard of the green smoothie..I will definitely try it one of these days (my smoothie is usually banana, blueberries, and strawberries with Kefir).

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know of a Salvation Army anywhere close by. I will have to try and locate one! Your smoothie sounds yummy too. You could just add spinach to it and it wouldn't change the taste, just the color...probably brownish in color with the reds and blues, but spinach has so many health benefits and it is a good way to get some in daily! :)

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!!! :) And thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the award!! I am thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love going to Goodwill! I always find nice pants there for work. Not so much the shirts. I keep hoping i'm going to find a super teacher buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by ladies and you're welcome on the awards! Techie....just keep looking and you will eventually find that super teacher buy!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love smoothies. YOu can also freeze your yogurt. Just drop a Tbl. on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and freeze. I freeze all of my fruit and yogurt for smoothies. I am wondering of spinach will freeze too, hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the frozen yogurt tip! I hadn't thought of that...:)Not sure about freezing spinach....but it might work!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky